Yogyakarta, became one of the favorite areas that are not rarely used as a unique destination by all travelers. Here, not a few tourist spots that can Sahabat Sporto explore. Starting from nature to history. One of the historical tours that must be Sahabat Sporto visit, the museum Ullen Sentalu. Located at the foot of Mount Merapi, or rather on Jalan Boyong KM 25, Kaliurang Barat, Sleman, Yogyakarta.
Ullen Sentalu, has its own meaning and meaning. The name of the museum is an abbreviation of the Javanese language, “Blencong lights blowing is human guidance in stepping and pursue life”. blencong means an oil lamp used in a shadow puppet show. If digested further, the point is that in living life, people need lights or guidance that can illuminate. Museum that stood since 1997, was alluded to be the best museum in Indonesia. Ullen Sentalu, offers entertainment, as well as education. Especially arts and customs of Java.
The building is quite unique, European-style and spacious. Around the location of the museum, overgrown many kinds of trees and lush green plants. So it makes a calm feel. Uniquely, the museum room format is like a labyrinth. Sporto friends can find the hallways that are decorated with paintings, to the ancient Javanese and other relics.
However, before entering, there are a number of things that should be ignored by Sahabat Sporto.
Visitors are prohibited from shooting to video recording, whatever is in and throughout the museum. When entering, visitors will be accompanied by officers, ranging from the entrance to exit. All information in the museum will be explained by the guide. Starting from the history of painting, sculpture and other museum collections, will be discussed informatively.
Philosophically, the name Kaswargan was chosen because it is located at the elevation of the slopes of Mount Merapi, where the Javanese culture views Mount Merapi as a sacred location. Kaswargan Park is in a “historical district”, the historic area like Pesanggrahan Ngeksigondo and Wisma Kaliurang. Pesanggrahan Ngeksigondo in bina on the order of Sultan Hamengku Buwono VII as the location of the family of Ngayogyakarta Sultanate, while Wisma Kaliurang has been used for negotiations of the Three States Commission, namely America, Australia and Belgium during the revolution of state independence. Kaliurang is a mountain tourism area with a distance of 25 km from downtown Yogy.
At Ullen Sentalu Museum there are not a few rooms, which include:
- Welcome Room, which is a welcoming space for museum guests.
- Dance and Gamelan Art Room, which contains a set of gamelan that is granted by a Sultan of Yogyakarta prince.
- Space Guwa Sela Giri, which is a field built under the ground. In this room exhibited the works of painting archives of figures from the Mataram Dynasty.
- The Poetry Room, which shows poems written by all of GRAj Koes Sapariyam’s relatives and friends in 1939-1947.
- Royal Room Ratu Mas, the room dedicated to the consort of Sunan Paku Buwana X.
- Batik Vorstendlanden Room, which shows the collection of batik.
- Space Batik Pesisiran, which also contains a collection of batik cloth.
- The Daughter’s Room of Dambaan, which shows a collection of private portraits of the only daughter of Mangkunegara VII from small to married.
- Sasana Sekar Bawana, which contains a number of paintings of the king of Mataram.